FCTRY is a Brooklyn-based product incubator with start-up vibes and a unique company culture. We’re serious, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our motto, Make it Fun, is exactly what we do. We turn fun ideas into real products that people go crazy for. Heard of Unicorn Snot? That’s us. The RBG Action Figure? Also us.
By combining top-notch design with innovative marketing strategies, our talented little team of creatives builds vibrant cult brands around those products. This has led to some pretty impressive results, and now we’re growing too fast for our own good.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a designer who can jump between media freely in order to tell a great story with style and humor. You've got expertise in the Adobe Suite, of course, but you're pretty damn good at photo, video and illustration too.
Maybe, just maybe, you're an Art Director in the making. We're looking for voice and vision after all, not just technical chops. As long as you're an amazing team player who is willing to help do the dirty work, we will give you plenty of opportunities to develop and express your creative vision too.
We move quickly at FCTRY. A lot will be thrown your way, and it’s a great opportunity to grow your existing skills and learn some new ones. We also have some pretty awesome benefits like Citi Bike pass, unlimited time off, a casual office environment (complete with a ping-pong table), and more. Interested?
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Created an animation for our soon-to-be-launched new homepage
- Mocked up and prototyped that same homepage
- Developed imagery for an Instagram campaign around the midterm elections, featuring our political action figures
- Created a bunch of funny GIFs to be used in an automated email flow for cart abandoners
- Created a mood board for a new brand we're developing
- Shot and edited three Halloween makeup video tutorials
- Gone swimming in a giant ball pit at the Color Factory
Are you the perfect fit? Let’s see. You would (ideally):
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Knowledge of Premier, Final Cut or After Effects is a plus
- Have a multidisciplinary skill set and that translates to the physical world, not just the digital one. You'll be cutting, folding, sewing, drawing, painting, sculpting...
- Be a team player – you’ll be working closely with others to execute ideas that maintain the aesthetics of our brands
- Love working independently too. You thrive when given freedom and flexibility, communicate well and don’t need your hand held
- Not take yourself too seriously. You’re going to be designing Unicorn Snot, after all